Friday 30 March 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

 



On Wednesday night at 10pm i went to see The Hunger Games, of course i was excited but also slightly nervous that it would be awful. I, like many others, loved the Hunger Games trilogy and have been waiting patiently for the film to be released, watching the trailers more than once. I went with my boyfriend - he wasn't sure about the film and was just coming because i wanted to go haha.
So, did i like the film? Yes thankfully i did! I have to say i thought it was well done for a film adaptation of a book. Of course it is never going to beat the book, there were some details lacking, but everything cannot be portrayed in a film. I liked pretty much all the cast - i thought Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss was actually a really good choice. At first i wasn't sure about Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale, but watching the movie i think they both were pretty decent especially Peeta, even if that isn't how i imagined him when reading the books! It was also fun watching it with my boyfriend who has never read the books, (and probably will not) he would try and guess what was going to happen at some points and in my head i would be thinking, "Poor, dear, boyfriend, how wrong you are" (for example, when Katniss met Rue, he whispered to me, "How are all three of them going to get out now?" He was definitely shocked when the inevitable happened a bit later)

So...I enjoyed the film very much. Like i said i know it will not be as detailed and as developed as the book but for an adaptation i thought it was great. I would recommend if you have doubts - As with everything i know there will be people who do not like it, but i think the acting was commendable, the sets and cgi really well done and i believe it kept to the book as much as it could. Happy Hunger Games, May the odds be ever in your favour.


1 comment:

  1. Great blog!

    I tagged you for the Liebster Blog award. To see how to fulfill requirements for this award, see my blog tomorrow at:
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete